❗️Archives contain confidential information, please download and extract to a secure location.
If the Room is enabled or disabled, and you have requested the Archive within the Room following these steps, the below will not need to be followed as the Archive link will automatically download after logging into the Room.
If our Support team has run the Archive link on behalf of the Admin, to keep the data safe the Archive is added to a Zip file, the Zip file extension (.zip) is renamed to ‘.zi_’ and this file is then added to a new Zip file, which is encrypted and password protected.
⚠️Good to know: The reason for encryption and password is to only allow access to authorized persons. Ansarada also renames the original Zip file to prevent displaying the contents (including document names which may disclose confidential information) to non-authorized persons.
Extract an archive link on a Mac
💡Tip: To extract the Archive on a Mac we recommend you use The Unarchiver. The current version of the Unarchiver is available in the Mac App store.
There are 4 stages to download and extract the Archive:
Download Zip file
1. Open a web browser and go to web address (as provided by Ansarada via email).
2. The file should automatically download to the Downloads folder.
Extract ‘.zi_’ file
3. When the download is complete, go to where the Zip file has been saved.
4. Right click on the Zip file and select Open with, then select The Unarchiver.
5. Enter in the password provided by Ansarada.
6. Select Continue to start the extraction of the '.zi_' file.
7. The '.zi_' file will save to the same folder that your original download was in. You can then move the '.zi_' file to the location you would like on your Mac.
Rename ‘.zi_’ file
8. When extraction is complete, go to location where you extracted ‘.zi_’ file.
9. Right click on file and select Rename, rename the file extension to ‘.zip’.
10. You will be asked Are you sure you want to change the extension from “.zi_” to “.zip”?, select Use.zip.
11. Right click on the Zip file and select Open with, then select The Unarchiver.
12. Go to location of extract – this will contain a folder containing the Archive contents.
Learn more about requesting an Archive link and the Archive types here.