Adobe Reader needs to be set as the default program for opening PDF files on your computer. This is because the PDFs documents in your Room use Adobe’s Digital Rights Management (DRM) for security.
💡Tip: Select the Preview icon to quickly preview PDFs without downloading them. Learn more here. Or if you need to download the PDF but are unable to set Adobe as the default program, right click on the PDF file from your downloads and choose to open the PDF with Adobe Reader.
To set Adobe as the default PDF viewer for Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
1. Open a new Internet Explorer window.
💡Tip: Before changing your browser settings, you will need to have Adobe installed and set as the default for your PC.
2. Select Tools > Manage add-ons.
3. Under Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
4. In the Show menu, select All add-ons.
5. In the list, select Adobe PDF Reader.
6. Select Disable.
7. Select Close.