Insights module in TriLine GRC
We have introduced a new powerful tool that can change the way of reporting in TriLine. We’ve partnered with Microsoft to embed PowerBI into the Ansarada TriLine GRC solution. When a user logs in, a new tab will appear called Insights. It is embedded as a new module in TriLine which would allow TriLine users to streamline their reporting seamlessly. The Insights module can monitor your business and give you the ability to see your most important metrics at a glance while providing a unified user experience.
'Dashboards that tell a story through visualizations'
The initial three new dashboards within Insights are as follows:
With the first release, there are three dashboards as shown below:
Current Task Dashboard: A Current Task dashboard will show the Total number of current Tasks, the Number of Overdue Tasks and Not overdue tasks. Dashboards are meant to show important information at a glance, having all the tiles on one screen is best as shown in the picture below. The dashboards represent the insights as Pie Charts, Bar Graphs and Line graphs.
Risk Insight Dashboard: As shown below in the figure, risk insights will give a snapshot of all the Active records, Records with Overdue Reviews, and Records with overdue Treatments. Additionally, Records linked to Events and Records not linked to Control Inventory** are also shown.
This will also display the Residual risk matrix along with the category of the Top 10 risks by risk score. This dashboard will make it easy to oversee the risks. TriLine users can view related reports for details.
3. Events Dashboard: Events Dashboard can be customized using the date filter tool as shown below. It will give an understanding of any records that occurred during that time and the records which are linked to the respective risks. The dashboard can be categorised by Rating, Category and Status.
Insights System (security) Group:
Note: No record-level security is applied to data shown in the Insights Dashboards. Hence all data is available to anyone granted access to this Module.
As Administrators and Super Users have access to all the records, access to the Insights Module is always available to these Positions. All additional Positions requiring access to Insights can be added via the View Insights System (security) Group from the Security Centre under the Maintenance menu.
Please note as mentioned above, the Insight Positions will have no restriction to records displayed in the dashboards.
These Positions will see the same numbers as the Administrators and will have the ability to see the drill-down data in the dashboards.
Features available in the TriLine Insights Dashboards:
Drill down in visuals using the right click to see the underlying data table. This will enable users to see the exact data underlying once drilled down. It will create a report which would make it easier for users to see the records which would require immediate attention with all the details. In the below example when drilling down to the No overdue or current tasks it displayed a list of all the tasks with their description, Status, due date and allocated/ actioned by users.
2. All dashboards have advanced filtering options as shown in the figure below. It will give users several filters that can help them to customize the dashboards to meet the requirements of any enterprise.
3. Ability to Click on a chart component to further filter the chart and slice the view in various ways to reveal information about the records.
4. Utilize the focus mode in the charts as shown in the picture below for the risks. While looking at a visualization dashboard, you might want to look at more details of the report. This is where the focus mode plays an important role. This mode enables deeper exploratory analysis of the visual. This helps in understanding underlying patterns that would have been difficult to identify otherwise. This is a great feature to use for treating anomalies or irregularities, exploratory data analysis, and refining your visual charts.
5. The "Spotlight to Highlight" feature can be used to explore the charts in the spotlight and you can draw attention to a specific visual on a report page. You can decide which visual you want to spotlight and can select an option to highlight it.
6. Data can be exported from the visuals using the export function. It can be exported using Data with the current layout, Summarized data and Underlying data as shown in the picture below.
*Events may be configured to a different name on your system.
**Control Inventory may be configured to a different name on your system.