ℹ️This feature is only accessible to Admins.
Team and Sub-team settings allow you to activate/deactivate Team permissions such as Full text search, Bulk download and Secure Office.
Security settings for Teams and Sub-teams determine their Access, Security controls and Watermarks applied to files and folders.
All members within a Team and Sub-team will inherit that Team or Sub-team's permissions and Security settings. Learn how to edit a Team's Security settings here.
⚠️Good to know: Admins can only be added to parent Teams, and Security settings do not apply to them. Learn more about the Room roles here.
Follow these steps to edit Team settings:
1. Go to the Left menu. Under Manage, select either Sell side or Buy side.
⚠️Good to know: The wording on the internal and external tabs for managing Teams/people under the Left menu changes based on the Room’s transaction type. Learn more here.
2. Locate the Team or Sub-team.
3. Select the Item menu, then select Edit team or Edit Sub-team.
4. Under Team permissions, you can allow or deny Full text search, Bulk download and Security for Microsoft Office files.
- Full text search: Choose either to allow or deny the Team the ability to search for words and content within documents. This function doesn't apply for Q&A content.
- Bulk download: Choose to either allow or deny the Team the ability to Bulk download multiple files and folders at once.
⚠️Good to know: The Bulk download link will remain active for 7 days. If it is not downloaded within this time frame they will need to re request another Bulk download.
- Security for Microsoft Office files: Choose either to allow or deny the Team to have Security controls applied to Excel, Word and Powerpoint files.
💡Tip: If you do not have Secure Office activated you will be unable to apply Security controls to. It is recommended to check the system requirements before activating Secure Office for a Team. Learn how to activate Secure Office here.
5. Select Edit team.