Security comes first, so if you forward an Archive link that you have generated directly from the Room to another person, their access is checked before they are able to download the contents of the link. Learn how to request an Archive link here.
⚠️Good to know: If a person does not have the correct permissions to download the contents of the Archive link that has been requested from the Room, they will receive an error message. Learn more about the error here.
If our Support team has generated an Archive link on your behalf, anyone who has the link and password will be able to download and extract the contents by following these steps for PC and these for Mac.
Permissions to download Archive links
This chart outlines the different Room roles, and what kind of Archives they can access.
Learn more about Room roles here.
Track Archive progress
ℹ️This feature is only accessible to Admins.
Archive links remain active for 7 days from the requested date. Once they've expired Admins will need to re generate a new Archive link.
Admins can also see all other archives that have been generated from within the Room, and will be able to download them if they haven't yet expired.
To track and download Archives in the Room, follow the below steps:
1. Go to the Left menu. Under Manage, select Documents or under View, select Document index.
2. Under Actions, select Archives.
3. The Archives page will show you all the Archives created within the Room.
4. On the right, you will see the status of the Archive:
- In progress - the Archive is being processed by the system.
- Download (MB) - the Archive has been completed and can be downloaded.
- Expired - the Archive is older than 7 days and has expired.
⚠️Good to know: The timeframe for the Archive to complete depends on the size of the Room and the contents requested. The Admin who requested the Archive in the Room will also receive an email once the Archive has been completed.