In the Room, there are two ways to search for files.
Option 1: Full text search
⚠️Good to know: This option may not be available if the Room Admin has disabled Full text search for a particular Team or Sub-team.
Everyone in the Room can search for phrases or words within all files that contain text and that are available to them. Only enabled files are included in the search.
Follow these steps to search within files in the Room:
- Go to the left menu. Under View, select Document index.
2. In the top right menu, select Search.
3. Under Full text search enter a word or phrase to search for.
💡Tip: Learn more search tips on the Full text search help page. Select the help icon, to view the page.
- To search for an exact phrase, rather than individual words, use double quotes (" ") around the phrase.
- Select Show advanced options to further refine search results including: Search typeFuziness, File types, English words only, Folders to include/exclude
Option 2: Name and number search
Everyone in the Room can search for specific files available to them. Only enabled files are searched. Follow these steps to search for specific files in the Room:
1. Go to the left menu. Under View, select Document index.
2. Select Search.
3. Under Name and number search enter a number or name to search for.
4. Select Search.