ℹ️This feature is only available to Admins.
Watermarks can be added to all PDFs.
Default watermarks include the basic user details of the person who opens the document including IP address, email address and date/time the document was accessed. Watermarks can also be customized.
To customize your watermarks follow the below steps:
1. Go to the Left menu. Under Manage, select either Sell side or Buy side.
⚠️Good to know: The wording on the internal and external tabs for managing Teams/people under the Left menu change based on the Room’s transaction type. Learn more here.
2. Locate a Team or Sub-team.
3. Select the Item menu next to the Team or Sub-team. Then select Edit security.
4. Select a Watermark from the Watermark column. Then select Create watermark.
5. Fill out the information to customize your watermark.
- Name your watermark. The name will not appear within the watermark itself
- Select Add text block if you want more than one block of text
- In Text Block 1 enter the text you want, or select Insert tags to further customize the watermark
- Choose any dynamic tags that you want to appear in the watermark text.
⚠️Good to know: We recommend using the dynamic tags because then you are easily able to track the document.
- Choose the watermark Position
- Choose the watermark Font style
- Choose the watermark Color
6. Select Preview.
7. A window with a sample PDF will appear with your watermark overlaid.
8. Select Add.
💡Tip: To apply a watermark to a Team or Sub-team’s files, simply select the Watermark column from the Edit security page. Then select the watermark that is to be applied to the PDFs. Learn more here.
⚠️Good to know: XFA-formatted PDF files and PDF portfolios, will only be secured and watermarked on the cover page.