ℹ️This feature is only available to Admins.
Temp save is a Security control which can be applied to a Team or Sub-team’s PDF and Microsoft Office files. It allows Admins to control whether people can save files.
When files with Save security controls are downloaded, they ping the Rights Management Server to verify access rights.
It's called temp save because the files are only accessible temporarily, will become inaccessible when one of the following conditions are met, whichever comes first:
access to the file is denied and revoked
the Save security control is disallowed
the person is disabled from the Room
the Room is disabled
When either of those occur, the person will receive a notification indicating that the file has expired.
Activate temp save
Admins can apply Temp save by creating or modifying a Team’s Security settings.
1. Go to the Left menu. Under Manage, select either Sell side or Buy side.
️⚠️Good to know: The wording on the internal and external tabs for managing Teams/people under the Left menu change based on the Room’s transaction type. Learn more here.
2. Find the Team/Sub-team that you want to edit.
3. Select the Item menu next to the Team/Sub-team. Then select Edit security.
4. Select ON for Security controls if they aren’t activated.
️⚠️Good to know: If the Security controls are turned off the files are unsecured.
5. Changed the desired settings under Access and Security controls.
6. Select Save.
⚠️Good to know: XFA-formatted PDF files and PDF portfolios, will only be secured and watermarked on the cover page.