ℹ️This feature is only accessible to Admins.
Secure Office is an additional optional layer of security for Microsoft Office files that is similar to the security provided for PDFs.
This feature allows customized Security controls to specify if Word, PowerPoint and Excel files can be printed, edited, saved and/or copied. Activity is recorded in the audit trail after initial download.
There are certain requirements that people accessing the Secure Office files need to have installed/enabled on their computer. Therefore it is recommended that:
- All files that are not intended for collaboration are to PDF
- Any files that need to be marked up, edited or commented on to be released without Secure Office activated, as these are working files
- For all other files that Admins carefully consider the benefits of the additional security compared to the practical drawbacks within the system requirements
Learn more about Secure Office system requirements here.
⚠️Good to know: When you turn Secure Office off, all Excel, Powerpoint and Word files will be unsecured.
Follow these steps to turn secure Microsoft Office documents off.
1. Go to the Left menu. Under Manage, select Settings.
2. Under Microsoft Office documents, select Off.
3. Select Remove security.
💡Tip: If Microsoft Office security is turned off and then turned back on, Security controls must be re-applied to the documents by editing the Security settings for the Team/Sub team. Learn how to edit Security settings here.