ℹ️ This feature is only accessible to Admins and Publishers.
Numbering the Document index is important because the numbers help bidders find files quickly and easily.
The Document index may need to be renumbered if files have been moved from one location to another or if you want to transition from using a bespoke numbering system.
To re-number the Document index, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Left menu. Under Manage, select Documents.
2. Under Actions, select Renumber.
3. A window appears with two options. Option one is to select Renumber folder contents.
4. When you select Renumber folder contents, you can then choose the Renumbering depth, Number format and Sort order.
⚠️Good to know: By default the Room will automatically select the most common re number option that is used to save you time.
5. Option two is to select Adjust padding.
💡Tip: If there 100 files or more in the Room, we recommend selecting Adjust padding. This ensures that the file numbers remain in order as an extra 0 is added before all 1 and 2 digits numbers If there are 100 files in the Room and Adjust padding is not selected, file 100 is listed below file 10.
7. Select Renumber to save your selections.
💡Tip: Admins can update the default numbering in the Settings area. Learn more here.