Room Admins can place printing, saving and editing restrictions on specific PDFs and Microsoft Office files.
If the Admin has chosen not to allow saving and editing to a specific, the save button will be greyed out.
Follow these steps to save files to your desktop:
1. Go to the Left menu. Under View, select Document index.
2. Go to the Actions menu, select Bulk download.
⚠️Good to know: If you don't have access to bulk download documents, a pop-up informs you. The Room Admin is the only person who can change who has permission to bulk download.
3. Enter the file name for your bulk download. The default name is the Room name.
- The Saving allowed / Saving not allowed tag indicates if you can save the documents.
4. Find the files and folders that you want to download. Select the boxes next to each one.
- To download all files and folders in the Room, select the box in the Document Index row. It will select all boxes.
5. Select Download.
6. A message appears confirming that a link to the .zip file will be emailed to you when it's ready.
7. Select the link in the email. It redirects you to the Room. The link is only active for a limited number of days, which is noted in the email.
8. Log in to the Room to access the .zip file. Once logged in, the download will start automatically.
9. The files will appear in the Downloads folder on your computer. Move the files to the location on your desktop that you want to save it.
⚠️Good to know: Room Admins can expire access to a file by updating access permissions. Once expired, the file will remain on your computer but if opened the error "The file cannot be opened because your permissions have expired" will appear.
Still having trouble?
If you're still receiving the error, contact Ansarada Support.