ℹ️ This feature is only accessible to Admins.
Numbering the Document index is important because the numbers help bidders find files quickly and easily.
The Document index may need to be renumbered if files have been moved from one location to another or if you want to transition from using a bespoke numbering system. Learn more about re-numbering here.
⚠️Good to know: Auto numbering by default is activated.
To update your auto numbering preferences, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Left menu. Under Manage, select Settings.
2. Scroll down to Auto numbering.
3. Select On if it is not already selected.
4. Choose the Delimiter.
5. Choose the Format.
6. Choose if you want Parent numbers included.
💡Tip: We recommend including parent numbers because they make it quicker and easier to find files since the first number of the file always matches the parent folder.
7. Select Add level until the number of levels shown matches the number of levels your Document index requires.
8. Select Save. The Document index will be numbered to reflect your selections.
💡Tip: Once auto numbering has been updated, Admins or Publishers will need to re-number the index to update the existing numbering on files and folders. Learn more on re-numbering here.