Adobe Reader needs to be set as the default program for opening PDF files in Mac. This is because the PDFs documents in your Room use Adobe’s Digital Rights Management (DRM) for security.
💡Tip: Select the Preview icon to quickly preview PDFs without downloading them. Learn more here. Or if you need to download the PDF but are unable to set Adobe as the default program, right click on the PDF file from your downloads and choose to open the PDF with Adobe Reader.
Learn how to set Adobe Reader as your Mac's default PDF viewer by watching the short video below.
⚠️Good to know: Once Adobe Reader is set as the default for the Mac change your default browser settings to open with Adobe Reader, choose the browser that you use and follow the steps.
Follow these steps to set Adobe Reader as the default program for both your computer and browser.
1. Make sure that you have the Adobe Reader app installed on your computer. You can download it from the Adobe website.
2. Find a PDF on your computer.
3. Right-click the PDF, select Get Info.
4. Under Open With, go to the Drop Down menu, select Adobe.
5. Select Change All, then select Continue.
6. Adobe Reader should be set as the default application to open PDFs.
7. After Adobe has been set as the default PDF viewer for your computer, you will need to make sure Adobe is your browser's default PDF viewer.
To make the change to your default browser, choose the browser that you use and follow the steps.